Thứ Ba, 19 tháng 6, 2007

Sullivan & Cromwell's Work "Pit"

While conditions at Sullivan & Cromwell have greatly improved since the opening of additional floorspace, some unfortunate souls may still find themselves being thrown into the notorious S & C "pit," as it is commonly known. Yesterday, someone sent me a picture of the pit. As horrifying as it was to look at, in order to protect the identity of the photographer, I promised that I wouldn't publish it.

"This is C2 at S&C, 120 Broad St.

I may have underestimated the size of the room, but not by much (looks perhaps 24x20). As I stated, 5 tables, 4 attys apiece, then two other people. Needless to say, there were no windows, and the stink of rotting garbage was overpowering some days - the trash can was to the left, just outside the frame.

We tolerated this for nearly 5 weeks. As for perks, we got free coffee, fruit and cookies (limited amounts; no cars, meals or consideration. Hours were very restricted --capped at 50, I think. Someone was fired for coming into the room 5 minutes before the 9:30 starting time. There was no cellphone reception on that level, and I felt that if the building were ever evacuated in an emergency, no one would bother notifying us."

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến