Thứ Hai, 20 tháng 2, 2006

Dangerous Ideas

"Intellectual freedom is the right of every individual to both seek and receive information from all points of view without restriction. It provides for free access to all expressions of ideas through which any and all sides of a question, cause or movement may be explored. Intellectual freedom encompasses the freedom to hold, receive and disseminate ideas."

The freedom to express ideas is dead on my project. Apparently, when one attempts to log onto my site from work, the message "access denied" appears on the screen. It appears as if my site has joined the ranks of those "banned" materials which espouse dangerous ideas. Undoubtedly, employers have the right to restrict internet access and deny the viewing of certain sites. But why take the trouble to block my site? Could it be that they consider my site "dangerous"? What could be so "dangerous" about my site? Could it be that I pointed out the fact that temps in general make only 1/8th of what they are billed out for? Could it be that they didn't like the negative media attention generated when I pointed out that the temps on my project were being treated more like animals, rather than as human beings? Perhaps. Just a hunch.

Please do not allow anyone to "chill" your freedom of speech rights. I am noticing a disturbing trend in which the number of daily hits continues to be as high as ever, but the number of comments posted has continued to fall. Please post and get your message out. In posting, just use common sense.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến