Thứ Năm, 10 tháng 1, 2008

Sacre Bleu! Foreign Language Document Review Fraud?



When it comes to contract attorney document review, knowing a foreign language can be quite lucrative, not only for the job candidate, but also for the agency staffing the project. Of course, in the unregulated, wild wild west world of contract lawyering, where there is big money, there is the potential for fraud.

Yesterday, I received the following complaint. Until I am able to independently verify the accuracy of the alleged claim, I have removed the names of all the involved parties:


"It has come to my attention that {agency} solicited
fraud from its contract attorneys. {Client}
contracted with {agency} for foreign language
document review services, and required that attorneys
staffed by {agency} pass a reading comprehension
test. {Agency} permitted applying attorneys to
re-take the test repeatedly, until the attorney met
the client’s required score.

The reason that I know this is because I am one of the
attorneys instructed by {agency} to retake the test.

I went downtown and spoke to people in Grievances this
afternoon. Tomorrow I file my complaint against
{agency}, {person}, and {person}."

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến