Thứ Bảy, 26 tháng 12, 2009

Merry Christmas From Harris Beach LLP



Figured I’d pass this along. I know it was only three contract attorneys and the firm isn’t a big player, but I just was dumbfounded by the fact that they called today to tell us the project is over. The firm is closed today. It couldn’t wait until Sunday evening. Or even early Monday morning?

Merry Christmas, eh?

"As I’m walking back into my apartment this afternoon, I heard the final few rings of the telephone and the answering machine turn on. A staff person from the attorney temporary staffing agency I’d been working for these past few months was leaving me a message telling me that the project I had been working on at Harris Beach PLLC on Wall Street was over effective immediately. The firm’s current advertisement hook is 'Lawyers you’ll swear by. Not at.' How funny. Real professional too. Well, I had a few choice words for those attorneys today, that’s for sure. It’s unconscionable to call someone on Christmas Eve, when the law firm is actually closed, to tell them that their job is over effective immediately. Great timing. Wonderful way to usher in the Christmas holiday. Here’s your hat, what’s your hurry, right? It couldn’t wait until Sunday evening or even Monday morning?"


http://laidofflawyer.wordpress.com/2009/12/24/bah-humbug/

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến