Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 7, 2008

Guy In Gorilla Suit



"The problem is that everyone sooner or later gets tired of the temp life, which entails no benefits or stability and a constant struggle to maintain and a good attitude in an often disorganized, chaotic working environment. Even reliable temps sometimes crack after they've taken too much abuse. As someone else coined the term, 'going codal'.

People that get in arguments with recruiters, cause disturbances at the workplace or walk off the job get blacklisted.

Sometimes it's advantageous to be on an agency's shitlist. As long as you know the cause and effect, it's okay. It's better to walk off the job while working in the Lexolution Chicken Coop or De Novo Sweatshop than endure the soul crushing malaise that infects these projects and the sub-human treatment by the firms and agencies."


As we have observed in the past, "going codal" is not as rare as you would think. In the past, we have chronicled the lady that had to be carried out of a project kicking and screaming. Also, who can forget the infamous female coder that flipped out and smeared her feces all over a bathroom wall? As the law school crooks continue to jack up tuitions and the sweatshop overseers continue to cram people into their chicken coops, I expect such "going codal" episodes to become all the more common. Just this morning, someone pointed out to me that an anonymous poster under the name of "Guy In Gorilla Suit" had hauled himself up in his apartment and people were trying to coax him out:

"I have been drinking heavily since last Wednesday, and refusing to talk to people, including friends and family. I have not shaved for 5 days. My apartment looks like a nuclear war zone. I might lose my job - I don't know what is going to happen, since I am not picking up any phone calls.

On top of it all, some fucker slashed both of my tires on the passenger side. I cannot put a spare on, because he slashed two tires. I can't get to work, and I am refusing to call in. I am thinking about killingself. My loan statement came in, and I owe $652 a month for 30 years. I just won't pay it. Fuck them.

I haven't had much to eat since I started my bender 5 days ago. I am seriously scaring my neighbors. They are offering to help me, but I told them all to go fuck themselves."


http://jdunderground.com/thread.php?threadId=18497

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến