Thứ Ba, 26 tháng 8, 2008

Humpty Dumpty



Tom the Temp,

I'm set to work for the {removed}; no telling how long that might take. In the interim, I'd like to move to NYC and do some temp legal work. I know it's a grind and all, but I really just want to live in the city for a bit before {removed} and just need enough money to pay a (cheap-as-I-can-find) rent and to make my monthly law school loan payments. My question is this: can I count on being able to find fairly consistent temp work? Is it hard to get, or is there plenty to go around?
Any information or guidance you could lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,"


"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall."


That's the name of the game. They want you to come in, climb up on your stool for 80 hours a week, and keep your mouth shut. When you do eventually crack due to the enormous psychological strain of never-ending tedium, or fall off your stool due to a clicking seizure, or sudden cardiac arrest, they will merely sweep you aside and try to find another warm body to fill your seat. Consequentially, yes, Humpty Dumpties with a license and a pulse are always in demand.

Like I have mentioned numerous times before, when interviewing for one of these positions, never claim that you in anyway have any outside goals or ambitions. If I were you, I wouldn't mention the fact that I had an upcoming job opportunity, nor would I mention the fact that I enjoyed traveling. I would merely point out that I was burdened by massive student loans. Nothing will get you hired faster than the scent of financial duress. Oh, and for the love of a God, if you are a solo, NEVER EVER mention the fact that you practice on the side.

Good luck!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến